In 2016, I started my own Resume Writing Service as a part-time venture. I went at it with a lot of thought. Built a professional website, wrote appealing content and published several blogs. But that wasn’t enough to get the phones ringing. I was receiving an average 1 order per week through SEO and about 2-3 orders per week through word-of-mouth and other sources. Well, that does not sound much of a business, does it?
It was time to get back to the drawing board. It was not my business that was the problem. It was just my marketing strategy that needed a rethink. With my small business idea, spending heavily on marketing would be foolish. I had to choose a Paid advertising medium that was smart.
Google AdWords was my preferred Paid advertising choice and within a few weeks of research my ads were live on Google.
With just USD 100 per month on Google AdWords, I was able to generate an approximate 3 orders per day with a phenomenal Click-Through-Rate of 8 to 10%.
The average Click-Through-Rate of Google AdWords is about 2%. Anything above 2% is considered above average CTR.
With a successful Google AdWords Campaign, I was able to keep my Marketing Budget to below 2% of the Revenue Share. The recommended digital marketing budget for most companies my size is anywhere between 5% to 8%.
If you are wondering why I chose Google AdWords, and not Facebook, Instagram or other mediums. Well, I will leave that for another blog post.
Sophos Auto Update Error – Installation could not upgrade the current version of product SAVXP – Windows 7 64-bit
Copy the destination files in the bullet list to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\
- native.exe from C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\savxp\native\amd64\
- All files from C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\savxp\drivers\onaccess\win7_amd64\
- All files from C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\savxp\drivers\boottasks\win7_amd64\
- All files from C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\savxp\drivers\sdcfilter\win7_amd64\
Right-Click Sophos Icon from the taskbar and run update now. Sophos should update now and the latest IDE should appear in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\ folder
WhatsApp released a statement that Blackberry Phones with OS 10 will support the App until June 2017.
But if you still receive the above message on your Blackberry Phone, all you have to do is update your WhatsApp from Blackberry World.
Scenario: Additional Page with Error Type: Transfer prints out despite the scanned document reaching the recipient successfully
Under Email Settings, change the SMTP Server Time out to a higher value; say 99 seconds
Removing this annoying startup page on your browser does not require you to download any additional tools. All you need is some patience and follow step by step instructions.
- Uninstall all unnecessary and suspicious programs
- Disable all unnecessary and suspicious Start Up Programs
- Open Task Manager and open the Details Tab
- Sort the list by the Status Tab to view all the running tasks
- Right-click each suspicious task and click Open File Location
- Check for Uninstall Links in the target folders. If none available, end the specified task from the Details tab and delete the files and subsequent folders in the target location
- Open Regedit, and search for yeabd66. Delete all keys containing this keyword.
- Hold the Windows Key + R. Paste %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc and open the hosts file using notepad
- If any IP Address appears below the marked red line in the illustration, delete it and save the file.
- Open your browsers and reset them to default settings
- Unpin all the browser shortcuts from your Taskbar
- Create New Desktop Shortcuts for each of your browsers
- Right-Click on each browser shortcut and click Properties
- For Google Chrome, under Target field remove all text appearing after chrome.exe”
- For Internet Explorer, under Target field remove all text appearing after iexplore.exe”
If you require assistance, with the above. I can assist you with a remote connection to your PC. Kindly download TeamViewer Quick Support Tool and mail me the TeamViewer ID and Password on firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space
Applies to Windows 8, Windows 8.1
Run the Windows Firewall Service
- Open Services (services.msc) from Control Panel – Administrative Tools – Services
- Locate the Windows Firewall Service
- Double-click the Windows Firewall Service and from the General Tab change the Startup Type selection to Automatic
- Restart the System
- Upon restart check the status of the Windows Firewall Service. If it is in running mode, you may try opening the excel file
- If the Windows Firewall is still not in running mode; you will need to make changes to the registry
Changes to Registry
- Open Registry Editor (regedit)
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
- With the control folder selected, right click in the pane on the right and select new DWORD Value
- Name the new DWORD -ServicesPipeTimeout
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify
- Click Decimal, type ‘180000’, and then click OK
- Restart the computer and check the Windows Firewall Service once again
- If the service has started; you may open the excel files without any error
If the Windows Firewall service has still not started working after the above instructions, I would advice looking for further assistance. But we do have a temporary workaround to enable opening of individual excel files
- Right-Click the specific Excel File and click Properties
- In the General Click Unblock under Security
- The file should now open without any error
Sharepoint 2010/ 2013 – One or more column references are not allowed, because the columns are defined as a data type that is not supported in formulas
I can confirm that a Data Type Column cannot be used in a Formula. But there is an easy workaround using Workflows in SharePoint Designer 2010/2013 without any coding required
- Create an additional Column in your list (DataTypeColumn01) as type Single Line Text
- In SharePoint Designer, open the List from the specific website and click New on the Worflows tab
- Give the Workflow an appropriate name and select the Platform; either SharePoint 2010 /2013 Workflow
- From Workflow Tab select Action – List Actions – Set Field in Current Item
- Set DataTypeColumn01 to CurrentItem:DataTypeColumn
- Use the lookup button next to the Action to achieve this
- Save the Workflow
- Enable the Start Options for the Workflow as per your requirement
- Publish the Workflow
- You can now use the DataTypeColumn01 Column with any SharePoint Formula
Steps on how to remove yoursites123.com as homepage on your Google Chrome Browser
Phase 1 – Settings in Google Chrome
- In Google Chome; type this in the address bar chrome://settings/
- Click Set Pages under On Startup and remove the unwanted address
- Under Search, click Manage search engines and remove all unnecessary listings
- Keep the settings page active and open Registry settings of your computer
- Take a backup of the registry using File – Export
- Click the Computer Icon and click Edit-Find and type yoursites123
- Use F3 to Search and then manually delete all registry keys which this keyword
- Return to Google Settings and browser to the bottom and click Show Advanced Settings
- Click Reset Settings to revert your browser to default settings
- Close and Open Google Chrome; the pest site should now be gone
- Open Registry (Type regedit from Run)
- Locate the Key – [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome]
- Delete the content of the key UserDataDir
- Open Google Chrome and the pop up error should be gone for good
A week back I had encountered a very strange behavior with one of our servers running on Windows Server 2012 R2. My colleague was trying something on the server where he had to remove the .Net Framework 3.5 or so, but in the midst of all this, he restarted the server and the sever boots only to command prompt. Upon checking the server, I figured out that it was doing all the basic functions that were allowed to do while being on a command prompt window. But it was not opening Servermanager or Powershell at all. This made me suspicious on it’s behavior.
I did a bit of research on this issue and found out from a Technet blog that for some reason, the GUI installation of the server was undone and it was now acting like a core server installation (where only command prompt operations were possible). Sounds somewhere like LINUX right? Yes that’s what I thought too. There were instructions on how to get the GUI part of the server back.
We are asked to run the following command from the command prompt that is open upon logging into the server:
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:Server-Gui-Mgmt /featurename:Server-Gui-Shell /featurename:ServerCore-FullServer /all
This will install the GUI features and all the requisites for those features. The installation itself will take quite a while. Once the installation is complete, reboot the server with the command “shutdown /r /t 0“. The server also prompts to be restarted once the installation is complete. However I chose to run the command after hitting a “No” to the restart option. The GUI features were installed back after the restart.