Import Nk2 File into Outlook 2010 / 2013
To import .nk2 files into Outlook 2010, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the backed up .nk2 file is in the following folder:
Note The .nk2 file must have the same name as your current Outlook 2010 profile. By default, the profile name is “Outlook.” To check the profile name, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Mail.
- In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type outlook.exe /importnk2, and then click OK. This should import the .nk2 file into the Outlook 2010 profile.Note After you import the .nk2 file, the contents of the file are merged into the existing nickname cache or Auto-Complete List that is currently stored in your mailbox.