Microsoft Support Sites take you HotFix downloads which never really work. Below is a series of simple steps that worked
- Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites.
- Click Sites, and then click to clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
- In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type the following addresses, clicking Add after you type each address:
- Try the Windows Update once again and in most cases it would go through