You notice that after you installed the HP Universal Print Driver (UPD); Color Printing option is no more available for selection for your Color Laserjet Printer
You may most likely run into such issues when you update your print driver for Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
- Firstly ensure that you are using a Print Driver version that’s 5.3 or above
- Proceed to the Device Settings tab of your Print Settings. Under installable options; change the Automatic Configuration to Update Now
- A dialog box will appear prompting to update the settings; please confirm and proceed.
- Return to the Device Settings Tab and change the Device Type to Color
- Click Ok.
- The General Tab for the printer settings should now show Features Color as Yes
Note: If you happen to face a similar issue with Duplex Printing; you will find an option under Device Settings. The below illustration would guide you through.