Copying Outlook Folder Structure to another Outlook PST File
Applies to Outlook 2003/ Outlook 2007 / Outlook 2010 / Outlook 2013
You may have been using an Outlook PST with several folder structures in both Inbox and Sent Items. You may want to start with a new PST since the old one is getting bulky; but want all the previous PST folder structures duplicated in the new one. If you have built up a comprehensive list; creating one from scratch is tedious.
You may find a solution to your problem through different methods; but below is the easiest and most quickest way to achieve your requirement
Below Illustration is from Outlook 2010
- File – Cleanup Tools – Archive
- As illustrated; select the PST folder containing the folder structure you want duplicated
- Under Archive Items Older than; select a date value which is before the time any email was stored in the selected PST.
- For example: If you Current PST has email stored from Year 2008 to Year 2013; set the Archive Items Older than date field as 01/01/2008
- Under Archive File; select directory location and filename for your new pst file.
- Click Ok and your New PST file with only the folder structure will be created within the shortest possible time than any other solution can promise