After installing Movie Maker, you face the below error as illustrated
You may go through the link that shows up in the error and check the minimum system requirements. The only pointer that may catch your attention is the DirectX Version on your PC. The minimum DirectX Version expected is version 9.
To crosscheck this click Start – Type Dxdiag and press enter. The DirectX Version will be listed in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool Window that opens up. If your PC is relatively new and frequently updated; there is no reason why your DirectX Version should be below 10; so forget the minimum requirement of DirectX 9 for Movie Maker 2012
The most obvious solution to get your Movie Maker software working is to update your Display Driver
- Locate your Display Driver Model and Driver Version
- Start – Control Panel – Device Manager
- As per the illustration, the display card is Intel and hence I will proceed to the Intel Website to download and Install the latest driver (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng)
- But if in your case; it’s an NVIDIA proceed to this link instead (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx)
- Locate your driver using the search options available on the respective Driver Manufacturer webpage.
- Download and Install the latest updates
- Once done, restart the PC and try running Movie Maker