Windows cannot be installed to this disk, the selected disk is of the GPT partition style
Applies to Installation of Windows 8 / 8.1 on Machines running Windows 7 or Vista Previously
- Boot using the Installation Disc
- Click Install but do not continue ahead.
- Press SHIFT-F10 to bring up the console
- Type “diskpart”
- Once within the diskpart prompt
- Type: list disk
- Type : select disk <number> (the number of the disk you wish to convert)
- Type: clean (to remove any existing configuration settings on the drive)
- Type convert to mbr
Apologies for the poor screenshots 🙂
Posted on April 24, 2014, in Windows, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and tagged installing windows 8, installing windows 8.1, unable to install windows 8, windows 8 installation error. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.