Workaround for changing Installer Forced Romanian language on Bitdefender Antivirus Free to English
The other day I decided to change the anti virus running on my laptop to Bitdefender Antivirus Free. However after having started the installation, I noticed that the whole setup was running on another language (which I later understood was Romanian). After having browsed for a few solutions, I found one simple solution for this on the forum of Bitdefender itself. I had to uninstall the whole antivirus to just change the language! Following are the steps to be followed to change the language to English. (Please note that the steps below can be followed if it’s a fresh installation or a re-installation)
- Download Bitdefender Antivirus Free.
- Double click on the downloaded file and let it unpack the installation files. Please don’t click on Install yet.
- Hit Windows button and R on the keyboard or in plain words get the “run” command and type in %temp% and hit Enter.
- Once the temporary folder opens, look for a folder “RarSFX0”.
- Right click and copy this folder (you may name this folder as anything you wish) to another folder in another location.
- Close the installer and the folder “RarSFX0” will be removed.
- Look for a folder “lang” in the folder that was created in Step 5.
- Look for a file “lang.xml” in this folder and right click and “Open With” Notepad.
- Remove all languages below tag <languages> except for language “en-US”.
- Hit Ctrl+S (in other words Save) and close Notepad.
- Double click on the downloaded file in Step 1.