Drive Space Full with IIS Log Files / Reclaim Disk Space
Are your Local Drives of your IIS Server running out of space? Have you checked the size of your IIS Logs?
If your IIS was setup by a professional; you would not have to go through this issue. The log files would have been managed appropriately
Ideally I do not see a purpose to keep IIS Log files beyond a period of 1 month. Those older than one month should ideally be removed to prevent disk space issues
I found below posts which will assist you. Before you use the below scripts; please identify the location of your log files
By default; you would find them on C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\
To verify the location; open IIS and select the Default Website and click Logging
Take note of the path mentioned in the directory field
I came up with this requirement recently where I had to download more than 1000 attachments from a Gmail Account across multiple emails. I was hoping there would be some script to achieve this.
I stumbled upon this fantastic tool and I got my task done in just few minutes
This tool is free for Personal and non-commercial use
The software is pretty much self-explanatory. The best part is the option to filter through the mails to ensure only the required attachments are downloaded
- Enter your Email Address / Password
- Define the Save Location for the downloaded attachments
- Use the Folder/Files , Basic and Advanced Filters to customize your requirement
- Once all requirements are defined click Connect and Download
- Sit back and relax till the downloading is done
Applies to HP Printers : Unable to change IP Address from Dynamic to Static
When manually changing the IP Address of the Printer from the Printers Web Console from Internet Explorer; you may encounter the below error.
Please note that this error is only specific to Internet Explorer. If you are not really keen on solving the issue from Internet Explorer; use the first solution below
- Use Chrome or FireFox Instead
- From the Internet Explorer Menu select – Tools – Internet Options – Local Internet – Sites – Advanced
- Type the current IP Address of the printer and click ADD
- Also Type the new IP Address of the printer you wish to change to and click ADD
- Close and open Internet Explorer
- Browse to the Printer Web Console and change the IP Address as intended
The Notification LED has become a critical alert for any incoming messages without having to physically check the phone every time
But the Samsung Galaxy A Series has done without this. In what looks to be an effort to increase the battery life significantly.
The next question that pops up; Is there an APP that enables the Samsung Galaxy A Series Notification LED?
Well, installing the APP has no effect; since the hardware clearly does not support it. So the answer is a clear NO
For those who consider this a downside; this is going to be a hard pill to swallow
Error 1721.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor
I had trouble uninstalling a program from Windows 8.1 and the above message showed. For a change I did not end up having to use any Third-Party tools to solve this problem. Microsoft has a useful tool which will help resolve Install and Uninstall issues related to Microsoft Installer
Using below link will guide you through
Strangely, Microsoft does not link the Error 1721 to this post. If it did, I wouldn’t have to write this post
Happy troubleshooting 🙂
Applies to: HP Proliant Servers
Error: BMC Event Log Full
Use below steps to resolve issue
- Proceed to BIOS
- Advanced Menu-> IPMI-> System Event Log
- Change the value for Clear System Event Log to Enabled
- Press F10 and restart the server
This NAS Drive works well; but there is no useful support or forum available which can help with any troubleshooting.
I had setup daily email alerts on backup status; for more than a week I had been receiving Disk Error Status 16/17/20
When checking the Web Console all Disk Drives show Normal Status.
The only way to resolve it is to do a Firmware Update. Kindly update the firmware to minimum 2.80-0.02.
How to Update Firmware
- From Management Tab – Click Update
- Click Check for Updates and Install updates when found
- The NAS Drive will restart a couple of times before the firmware update is completed