Copy the destination files in the bullet list to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\
- native.exe from C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\savxp\native\amd64\
- All files from C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\savxp\drivers\onaccess\win7_amd64\
- All files from C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\savxp\drivers\boottasks\win7_amd64\
- All files from C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\savxp\drivers\sdcfilter\win7_amd64\
Right-Click Sophos Icon from the taskbar and run update now. Sophos should update now and the latest IDE should appear in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\ folder
The other day I decided to change the anti virus running on my laptop to Bitdefender Antivirus Free. However after having started the installation, I noticed that the whole setup was running on another language (which I later understood was Romanian). After having browsed for a few solutions, I found one simple solution for this on the forum of Bitdefender itself. I had to uninstall the whole antivirus to just change the language! Following are the steps to be followed to change the language to English. (Please note that the steps below can be followed if it’s a fresh installation or a re-installation)
- Download Bitdefender Antivirus Free.
- Double click on the downloaded file and let it unpack the installation files. Please don’t click on Install yet.
- Hit Windows button and R on the keyboard or in plain words get the “run” command and type in %temp% and hit Enter.
- Once the temporary folder opens, look for a folder “RarSFX0”.
- Right click and copy this folder (you may name this folder as anything you wish) to another folder in another location.
- Close the installer and the folder “RarSFX0” will be removed.
- Look for a folder “lang” in the folder that was created in Step 5.
- Look for a file “lang.xml” in this folder and right click and “Open With” Notepad.
- Remove all languages below tag <languages> except for language “en-US”.
- Hit Ctrl+S (in other words Save) and close Notepad.
- Double click on the downloaded file in Step 1.
Applies to Windows Vista and Windows 7
Error Message: The installation of Sophos Anti-Virus has failed (error 0x80041f09)
The first thing to check is whether the User Access Control is enabled; kindly disable and try re-installing Sophos
Control Panel - Users Accounts - Change User Account Control Settings
In most cases; the above step should get you through; if not look no further beyond the below link
Sophos though very light weight and easier to manage than most other Anti Virus Programs out there; it can get cumbersome getting to uninstall it.
Below is a link to a Batch File which can get you through this task with ease