Category Archives: Malware
Removing this annoying startup page on your browser does not require you to download any additional tools. All you need is some patience and follow step by step instructions.
- Uninstall all unnecessary and suspicious programs
- Disable all unnecessary and suspicious Start Up Programs
- Open Task Manager and open the Details Tab
- Sort the list by the Status Tab to view all the running tasks
- Right-click each suspicious task and click Open File Location
- Check for Uninstall Links in the target folders. If none available, end the specified task from the Details tab and delete the files and subsequent folders in the target location
- Open Regedit, and search for yeabd66. Delete all keys containing this keyword.
- Hold the Windows Key + R. Paste %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc and open the hosts file using notepad
- If any IP Address appears below the marked red line in the illustration, delete it and save the file.
- Open your browsers and reset them to default settings
- Unpin all the browser shortcuts from your Taskbar
- Create New Desktop Shortcuts for each of your browsers
- Right-Click on each browser shortcut and click Properties
- For Google Chrome, under Target field remove all text appearing after chrome.exe”
- For Internet Explorer, under Target field remove all text appearing after iexplore.exe”
If you require assistance, with the above. I can assist you with a remote connection to your PC. Kindly download TeamViewer Quick Support Tool and mail me the TeamViewer ID and Password on firstname.lastname@example.org
There is an annoying icon in the taskbar which has started to hijack your computer. Your Internet Explorer and other browsers may have started to act funny opening up strange start-up pages.
I have tried Adware Cleaner/ Malware Bytes and other Enterprise AV Tools. No on these currently pick this up as a threat.
So is this really a virus? Well; I don’t know what it is; but I definitely don’t want unknown programs lurking in my system. Moreover there is a traceable entry in Control Panel which allows us to uninstall this.
Below is a series of steps which will help you to remove this
- From the Taskbar click the upward pointing arrow and click Customize
- Locate the exe file which shows up with same e icon
- In my case; it shows up as SupHPNot.exe; but it may different on other machines
- Take a note of the exe file name.
- Open Task Manager (taskmgr) and locate this exe file from the Process Tab
- Once found; right-click on the process and select Go to Details
- The task manager automatically switches to the details tab showing the specific process selected
- Right-Click on the selected process and select Open File Location
- The specific folder containing the exe opens up
- There would be an uninstall.exe available.
- Run it and restart your PC